On 16 December 2019, the (new) Steering Committee of the (new) Composites Cluster held its first meeting. The members of the Steering Committee represent the Flemish composites industry:
- Kim Aerts, Sales Engineer at Delta Application Technics
- Dany De Kock, Global Application Development & Technical Service Leader at Johns Manville
- Wim Gernaey, CEO of Soieries Elite
- Davy Goossens, Market and Product Development Manager at Beaulieu Fibres International
- Harke Pera, R&D Scientist Chemistry & Soft Matter at Atlas Copco
- Robin Simal, Project Engineer Production at Spiromatic
During the meeting, the Internal Rules of Procedure of the Composites Cluster have been worked out agreed upon. This includes the aim of the Composites Cluster, the type of activities to accomplish this aim, the type of members and the membership fees. The Committee appointed Harke Pera as the President of the Composites Cluster.
Furthermore, a decision was made on the choice of the logo of the new cluster and the website was presented.
To officially launch the new Composites Cluster, potential members will be invited to a New Year’s Drink which will be held on 28 January 2020 at 16h in Zwijnaarde.